Book Review: AsapSCIENCE: Answers to the World's Weirdest Questions, Most Persistent Rumors, and Unexplained Phenomena

I've subscribed to and watched the AsapSCIENCE youtube channel for years now. I like the easy to understand, bite sized, super interesting and visually appealing format, and find Mitch and Greg quite adorable really. Take a look...



So of course I was going to read their book!

AsapSCIENCE: Answers to the World's Weirdest Questions, Most Persistent Rumors, and Unexplained Phenomena
By Mitchell Moffit and Greg Brown
2015
256 pages

This book did not disappoint this long time fan. It covers tons of topics (body stuff, sex, zombies, swearing, dreaming etc) by presenting really short (just a few pages) bits of information in easy to digest paragraphs and language, just like their videos. In fact, I could actually hear Mitch reading the words on the page as it was completely written in their familiar tone. So yeah, I learned stuff. Time well spent.

My only complaint was the use of colour on the page. Writing was in black, and the cartoonish drawings were in black, white, and...blue? I'm sure there was a printing ink reason for this, but I found it a bit, I don't know, boring? I get that they wanted to use colour, like in their videos, and the drawings do resemble the whiteboard markers of the videos, but I missed the full spectrum of colours. Silly and nit picky but there you go.

I'd recommend this to any AsapSCIENCE youtube fan and to everyone who like popular science books. And subscribe to the AsapSCIENCE youtube channel!

Comments